[Pdns-users] bind as master, powerdns as slave

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Sun Sep 5 08:43:07 UTC 2010

Hello Mark,

It is easy to setup. First add the IPs of your BIND name servers to the
supermaster table (see the documentation about how to fill this table).
After that add the part below to your BIND configuration and restart BIND
(and check your logs).
        allow-transfer {<IP>;};
        also-notify {<IP>;};
        notify yes;

Depending on the number of domains it could take some time, but it shouldn't
take too much time.

Updates in the MySQL database on your PowerDNS name servers wouldn't be
transferred to your (hidden) master (BIND) name servers.

Good luck,
Mark