[Pdns-users] bind as master, powerdns as slave

Mark Chaney lists at macscr.com
Sat Sep 4 22:57:33 UTC 2010

  I am completely new to pdns and in all honesty, dont have a lot of
experience with bind because a majority of my systems have control
panels that manage bind. I would like to setup my infrastructure so that
my bind servers use my powerdns server as a slave, then i will just use
mysql replication to setup additional slaves. I am having a hard time
trying to find any information on what i need to change on the bind
server and what needs to be configured on the pdns server to "listen"
for changes from the bind servers. Can someone point me to a detailed
howto or give me at least a better idea how to accomplish this?

Also, i probably already know the answer to this, but if I made a change
to pdns servers mysql database using a remote script, would the bind
servers even be aware of the changes? Its not a requirement, but would
be useful if they were. All my actual published nameservers are actually
going to be the pdns/mysql slaves.

Thanks for your time,
Mark