[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Monitoring and gathering Statistics

gaurav chaturvedi gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:26:33 UTC 2010

Hey,

   I am running few PowerDNS Authoritative servers, and I was
wondering how do you keep an eye on performance of your dns servers.

Google gave me some solutions, but nothing satisfactory. I have been
testing  DSC ( DNS Stats Collector ) , dnsmezzo and dns2db.
DSC is a real pain to configure and get going.
dnsmezzo is totally undocumented
and dns2db is very heavy on the server. (The collector itself has been
the cause of 80% iowait on the server)

  Currently I am using cacti + RRD + mrtg for a few graphs
(http://forums.cacti.net/about37716.html) . But I am looking for
something better.

Looking forward to some feeback.

Gaurav Chaturvedi