[Pdns-users] External CNames

andreas andreas at east.nilpan.se
Fri Mar 5 13:49:56 UTC 2010

I was just curious to ask why you use cname to extrenal sources, you're
internal
pdns would not be authoritative to you external bind installation and would
end up quaite strange.
It sound much easier to make a zone transfer between them.
sorry to interfere this discussion but i have to ask

One more thing, if you set up things like you did, with a cname and all
that. It sound strange
that you need the ending dot. My experience with mysql backend is that the
ending dot is not nessesery and pdns will cope very well with out it. But on
other hand could this be OS related or wich version of pdns you run, and
probably something for pdns staff to put their teeth in to.

Hello all,

I checked this in with our PDNS

if we have an external CNAME then we have to write the content with a dot in
the end,
for internal cnames this doen't work there you must write the content
without a dot.

Can anybody confirm this behaivor ?

Regards
Marco