[Pdns-users] Running pdns-recursor without internet access

Wouter van Bommel wouter.van.bommel at pharmapartners.nl
Mon Jun 14 09:56:01 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I don't seem to be able to find an answer for the problems I am facing with. Currently we are running pdns for an internal domain, serving only a specific number of computers.
Due to changes these computers also need to resolv domainnames that are only available on an external dns server, reachable via a private link line.
There is also a requirement that those internal servers cannot resolv any internet adress or anything outside the domain served on the internal servers.

Since a slave zone is not an option for the external domain I tried to setup the pdns-recursor. This works nice. But it does give me error regarding 'not being able to update . zone'. Which is explainable since there is no internet connection.

What is the best way in the above setup to get rid of these message's?

Regards,
Wouter