[Pdns-users] PowerDNS capabilities- "link" domains?

Mario Caruso caruso at tiscali.com
Fri Jul 30 08:05:52 UTC 2010

Il Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:20:48 -0500
Chris Wopat <me at falz.net> ha scritto:

> > Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:42:30 -0500
> > From: Chris Wopat <me at falz.net>
> > Subject: [Pdns-users] PowerDNS capabilities- "link" domains?
> > To: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
> >
> > I'm looking for a web based DNS frontend for our customers to use. We
> > have many circumstances where we simply symlink BIND zone files so
> > there's one set of A/CNAME/MX records to maintain for multiple domains
> > (foo.com, foo.org, foo.net, etc). If they need to change an A record,
> > it's done in one place and is consistent across all of those domains.
> > Does PowerDNS natively have the ability to do this?
>
> I looked at the default DB schema for MySQL and I'm not seeing
> anything in it that could accommodate this without another table or a
> schema change. Anyone have insight as to weather this type of
> modification is possible?

maybe it's silly,
but if you use bind backend for those zones/domains and mysql backend for
the others, you can use the same behaviour that you use on bind (symlink or
same datafile for more zones).
In this way you'll obviously lose the ability to change things on mysql for those
zones.

bye

M.
  () ASCII Ribbon Campaign