[Pdns-users] PTRs and SQL queries,, autoserial?

Mark Felder markf at supranet.net
Thu Jul 29 22:34:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:47:20 -0500, Jared Watkins <jared at jaredwatkins.com>
wrote:

> I¹m also not clear on weather the generic mysql backend supports auto
> serials

I'm not familiar with many DNS servers with database backends, but I
definitely know of none that actually have serials. Serials would be
irrelevant because every time the DNS server is queried there is a query
sent to the SQL server for the record data. IE, the DNS record is "live"
the instant you commit the record in the database.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mark