[Pdns-users] Fwd: PDNS Timing Out

José Arthur Benetasso Villanova jose.arthur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:27:35 UTC 2010

Sorry all.

I didnt notice that I replied for Brandon only, so I forwarded the answer
here (and trimmed the config file comments)

Brandon, /etc/init.d/pdns dump show some data.

You should have 2 things: monitoring and more redundancy.

At first, I suggest you to turn the webserver on. The 1st line will be
something like that:

Uptime: 1.09 days Queries/second, 1, 5, 10 minute averages: 425, 420, 420.
Max queries/second: 454

With that you know how many queries reach your server. Cache hits is other
useful information.

If your load increase, you should use more servers to handle it. You really
want a cluster to answer for your NS1.