[Pdns-users] Deleted DNS Records not Removing from Slave

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Wed Jul 28 20:40:32 UTC 2010

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, attached is a working file that tries to do a AXFR (so
you need to run it on a server that is allowed to receive AXFR from the
(hidden) master). It uses PHP and dig. It is tested on Debian (4 and 5)
systems.

At the top there is a small configuration part (database connection/test or
not/verbose or not).

The license is included at the top of the script (above the configuration
section).

Tips:
- Do the first run with $test = 1 and $verbose = 1 to see if it does work in
your situation.
- Set $verbose = 0 if you want to use it in a cron (no output except if
there is a PHP/MySQL problem)
- I advise to do the first run with deleting zones without using a cron,
just to check it

Please contact me off list with improvements/problems. If someone wants to
include it with powerdns, feel free to include it (please respect the
license).

With kind regards,

Mark Scholten