[Pdns-users] Avoiding useless notifies

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Sun Jul 25 20:40:40 UTC 2010

We have the following case, and we did not understand if this is normal
of we are missing something in configuration.

We have two local name servers, acting usually as masters and using
replicated MySQL, and a remote autonomous NS, acting as slave (and being
the unique IP allowed to make AXFR).

When we define a "native" domain, no notify is sent to remote ns.
When we define a "master" domain, three notifies are sent to all
nameservers, but only the remote will sent an AXFR command.
We feel two notifies sent to local nameservers to be useless.

Is this normal? Can be avoided?

Thanks,

Tonino

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it