[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and DNSSEC

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Jan 25 15:27:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:35:59PM +0100, Michael FROMENT wrote:
> I've test DNS packet size with my pdns-resursor and it seems that I cannot
> get packet size over 512bytes.

(...)

The PowerDNS Recursor can do >512 packets over TCP/IP fine. Outside of
DNSSEC, >512 byte packets are exceedingly rare.

> What is the impact on pdns-recursor with the migration of the G root server
> with the dnssec protocol?

There is no impact, as the PowerDNS Recursor does not request DNSSEC records
from servers.

Although 'PowerDNSSEC' is still scheduled to be happening soon, this is an
authoritative only solution. DNSSEC support for the PowerDNS Recursor is
still a bit further away.

	Bert