[Pdns-users] PDNS + MySQL results not un-escaped?

Michael pdns at nettrust.co.nz
Wed Jan 6 02:28:32 UTC 2010

Hello all,

First time poster, long time SysAdmin :-) intending to convert from Bind.

I have just noticed that PDNS with GMySQL back end does not seem to un-escape
result records.

Popular MySQL web based admin programs always escape entered data, and
certainly I can't think of any rational not to.

However when I go and look on my slave server (running Bind) I see that some
TXT slave records are escaped rendering them invalid.

I have searched the MySQL site and I can't find a function to unescape the
data within the query, so as far as I can see it isn't just a simple matter
of rewriting the queries.

Has someone else found this and if so what did they do about it?

Is this an oversight within the module or do I need to fix something?

Thanks,

Michael