[Pdns-users] nslookup weirdness

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Feb 18 00:55:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:51:45PM +0100, Udo Rader wrote:
> > 2.1.13.172.in-addr.arpa	name = weird.example.com.
> >> exit
>
> hmm, I just tried something else from a remote server that has the
> troublesome pdns server as its primary nameserver:
>
> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> nameserver 172.13.1.1
> nameserver 172.13.1.2
>
> If I use nslookup on that box, exactly the same as described above
> happens. But this time nslookup is on a Mandriva 2010.0 installation, so
> I doubt that this is a nslookup problem now ...

Please reproduce the problem using 'dig' - I can't make anything from
'nslookup' output. nslookup performs unknown queries, and no one ever knows
what they mean.

If 'dig' sees problems, please let us know. I'm sorry we can't be more
helpful with nslookup, but it is really hard to tell from your output what
is wrong.

	Bert