[Pdns-users] PDNS doesn't feel authoritative?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Feb 11 07:00:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 02:28:53AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> Earlier I set this the recursor to some random dns server on the
> internet. But there's the problem that pdns should serve some
> private zone that's not resolvable through the root servers.

That works pretty well, as long as you don't use CNAMEs that point to
domains that *do* exist.

This feature may help:

"If you want to create such fake domains or override existing domains, please
set the allow-recursion-override feature (available as of 2.9.14)."

> So, what's the best practice with the pds_recursor here? Should I
> use forward-zones= to point back to my (should be)authoritative pdns
> installation?

If at all possible, try not to mix authoritative and resolver service on one
IP address. It can be mighty confusing.

	Bert