[Pdns-users] Master/Slave : Failed updates & controlsocket problem

Steven [Bit-IT] steven at bit-it.be
Fri Feb 5 21:51:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just started implementing pdns (2.9.21.2-1 on Debian) and have 2
questions I can't find an answer for:

1.
If records in my supermaster are changed while the superslave server is
down or unresponsive, there seems to be no retry to notify the slaves.
Can this behavior be tweaked ?  I don't want to miss updates when one of
the servers is unreachable for some reason.

2.
If I try to start pdns_control I get this error:
# pdns_control ping
Fatal error: Unable to connect to remote '/var/run/pdns.controlsocket':
Connection refused

Both on a chrooted and non-chrooted install. rec_control on a
non-chrooted recursor does work.
(The socket does exist, and I'm running the command as root)

If anyone can shed a light on this two, I would be very happy ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Steven