[Pdns-users] database backends without replication?

Jeremy Utley pdns at gammanetworking.com
Thu Dec 2 20:27:22 UTC 2010

On 12/2/2010 12:42 PM, Mark Felder wrote:
> If I use a database backend on each side without database replication,
> can I use an AXFR to have it automatically add a domain to the
> database of the slave, or is this still an issue with AXFR as a whole?
>
> Simply put, I don't want to have to touch the slaves when a new domain
> is added to the master. How does this work without database replication?
Read the PowerDNS documentation on "Supermaster" setups.  Basically, you
designate your master DNS server as a supermaster, and when the slaves
receive the announcement from the master, they automatically add that
domain into themselves, and initiate a transfer.  Removing domains would
still require manual intervention, however.

Jeremy