[Pdns-users] IPv6 & Supermaster?

Rudy Broersma tozz at kijkt.tv
Mon Aug 23 14:06:08 UTC 2010

>> Last week I've enabled IPv6 on our nameservers, and I noticed my
>> supermaster setup is no longer working.
>
> This is a code fix, not a configuration fix, but I think PowerDNS
> should bind AF_INET6 sockets with the IPV6_V6ONLY option, disabling the
> v4-in-v6 logic. That way, you'll never get ::ffff addresses. I think
> the BSDs do it that way by default, so it would be more consistent, too.

I was able to solve this issue with help from Mark. The trick is to set
/proc/sys/net/ipv6/ipv6bindonly to '1'. Be sure to have set
'local-address=' to your IPv4 address and 'local-ipv6=' to your IPv6
address.

This way the v4-in-v6 mechanism is disabled, solving the AXFR and NOTIFY
problems.

Regards,
Rudy