[Pdns-users] OpenDBX + PowerDNS - Unable to execute query - Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 14:34:23 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm load testing PowerDNS with OpenDBX (Using MSSQL) backend server with
Dnsperf. Unless I restrict the testing to about 100 queries per second
or less I start getting a much higher than expected number of failed dns

Aug 25 15:28:28 ns02 pdns[16430]: [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable to
execute query - Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with
results pending, Success
Aug 25 15:28:28 ns02 pdns[16430]: Database module reported condition
which prevented lookup (Error: DB statement failed) sending out servfail

Does anyone know what might be cauasing this? (Load on the MSSQL server
is a bit erratic but averaging less than 3% with lots of RAM spare).

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member