[Pdns-users] MySQL backend and notify

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Thu Aug 12 16:15:40 UTC 2010

On 12.08.2010 09:26 CE(S)T, bert hubert wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:55:17AM +0200, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> On 12.08.2010 08:28 CE(S)T, bert hubert wrote:
>>> If configured with 'master' in the configuration, it will periodically
>>> retrieve a list of all SOA serial numbers, and determine which ones changed.
>> Does anybody know what time interval this is? Seconds, minutes, hours?
>
> 1 minute. This is in fact the 'slave-cycle-interval' setting - the name is a
> bit confusing.

Thank you, that was exactly the information I was looking for.

So pdns will query the database autonomously every minute and if it
finds a row like serial > notified_serial, then it will send out
notifications accordingly. Is this correct?

(NB: The column "serial" does not exist, this is only for illustration.)