[Pdns-users] Hidden supermasters

Michael Fincham michael at unleash.co.nz
Fri Aug 6 09:29:16 UTC 2010

Hi Richard,

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 15:27 +1000, Richard McLean wrote:
> I have wondered about this. We'd love to implement a hidden supermaster type
> setup, using AXFR, which auto-updates the 4 main name servers, but is *not*
> in the list of name servers for a domain and is not publicly available. Is the
> restriction above able to be worked around or turned off?

I've managed to work around this by adding a config line like:

gsql-supermaster-query=select account from supermasters where ip='%s'

In this setup, only IP addresses need to be listed in the supermasters
table and the other checks are bypassed.

This might need some careful checks if the database schema / the
expected returned field list etc changes at some point in the future.

--
-Michael Fincham
System Administrator, Unleash