[Pdns-users] Hidden supermasters

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Fri Aug 6 08:06:25 UTC 2010

On 06 Aug 2010 wk 31, at 09:56, Richard McLean wrote:

> On 06/08/2010, at 3:54 PM, Ton van Rosmalen wrote:
>
>> No, this is not a restriction. In our setup we've added the ip address
>> in the supermasters-table like this:
>> | ip            | nameserver         | account  |
>> | xx.xx.xx.xx | <name of primary server in public NS list>     | internal |
>

> Ah, OK, nice. Is it intentional that that works?

I hope so, because we rely on it :)

We have quite a few customers that have a VPS or dedicated server with us, run some sort of control panel on it (plesk, da, cpanel, ...) and do their dns config in the controlpanel. We have them all configured as hidden masters so the customer can use our distributed and stable ns'es automatically.

Regards,

Frank Louwers
Openminds bvba