[Pdns-users] anual AXFR works, automatic does not (txt-version)

Stefan Schmidt zaphodb at zaphods.net
Thu Aug 5 14:55:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 03:55:24PM +0200, LikeFiction wrote:
> and one row on supermasters table on slave:
> ip: 95.215.63.212
> nameserver: ns2.xxxxxxxx.com (refers to slave itself)

Please read section 13.2.1. of
http://doc.powerdns.com/slave.html#SUPERMASTER
very slowly and carefully.
I would suspect that your problem is in the third bulletin point
"The set of NS records for the domain, as retrieved by the slave from the
supermaster, must include the name that goes with the IP address in the
supermaster table"

Yes, it should work right after restart of the master server.

I would not go so far as to say that it usually does work right after
configuration as many people struggle with exactly that point. ;)

As always with DNS, not giving out the actual domain name prevents us from
looking at the actual data and hinting you at possible typos or delegation
problems.

	Stefan
--
7. Security Considerations
   Anyone who gets in between me and my morning coffee should be insecure.