[Pdns-users] Using pdns-recursor on a network with high latency.

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Sep 22 10:37:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:40 AM, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> I'm currently looking in to this and I see why this has not been fixed
> - the timeout mechanism is rather crude, and may in fact not even be
> doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. It is supposed to
> deliver a '1000ms' timeout right now, but it appear it is only doing
> that on average, sometimes doing a 0ms timeout and sometimes a 2000ms
> timeout.

Gentelemen,

Could you perhaps try
http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/pdns-recursor-3.1.8-testing.tar.bz2
?
It has a default timeout of 1.5 seconds now, and this can be tuned
using the 'network-timeout' setting (in milliseconds).

Please let me know if it solves the problem.

I might make this auto-tuning.

    Bert