[Pdns-users] redirect non existent records

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Oct 27 06:33:01 UTC 2009

On 10/16/09 09:03, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:

> now i need to resolv some FQDN that dont belong to me, so i created a new domain and added 4 records.
>
> how can i force redirection when a client asks for an entry that isn't any of that 4?

If you create a zone and declare yourself authorative for it then you
take over that zone and a recursor will not solve that.

It definitly not something I would recommend a start to do at all.

Either you copy the original zone information and add your own entries
into it everytime you update your copy. (Which is rather a pain.)

Or you create the zone and then setup the four hosts you want to add and
setup a wildcard NS record pointing to the original nameserver(s).

Something like:

stealthis.example.net	A	192.0.2.10
stealthat.example.net	A	192.0.2.11
thisto.example.net	A	192.0.2.12