[Pdns-users] How to avoid to be redirected to ad by my ISP if NXDOMAIN?

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Sat Nov 14 08:48:32 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, 13. November 2009 schrieb Ton van Rosmalen:

> Gerhard Gaußling schreef:
> > ~$ sudo egrep -v "(#|^ *$)" /etc/powerdns/pdns.d/pdns.recursors
> > recursor=172.16.240.3
> > ~$ sudo egrep -v "(#|^ *$)" /etc/powerdns/pdns.d/pdns.local
>
> Ok, You're setting up an authorative server which uses a local
> recursor as a forwarder.
Yes you seems to be right. I wanted pdns_recursor as a local recursor
but I configured my router to be used as the recursor. Thank you, Ton,
to pointing that out!
> Have you tried 'dig @localhost -p 5300' for results on the queries?
Yes I followed that advice and that works also.
> If you have no specific need for the authorative server I'd suggest
> disabling that and running the recursor on port 53.
I'll try that too, but the change in pdns.recursors already did the
trick. I'll read further in the documentation to get more basic
information about nameservers.
> I'd remove the file /etc/powerdns/pdns.d/pdns.recursors as this sets
> up a dns proxy to the router possibly overwriting the previous
> setting in pdns.conf.
Yes, that was the case. I commented that line out and now I get on
gogle.gom NXDOMAIN.
> Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, Ton.