[Pdns-users] Re: Supermaster without NS records

Lee Huffman lee at shiftedlabs.com
Thu May 14 14:29:35 UTC 2009

It looks like I may have been incorrect. Things blew up on me last night
after I switched everything over. Our shared hosting server is sending
notifies properly..

named[12308]: zone X.com/IN/external: sending notifies (serial 2009032809)

But on ns1 I'm seeing the following..

pdns[2365]: Received NOTIFY for X.com from X.201.44.3 which is not a master

Yet our shared hosting machine is listed in the supermasters table..

mysql> select * from pdns.supermasters;
| ip          | nameserver          | account |
| X.201.44.3 | X.com | NULL    |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Any ideas why this would be taking place? I'm really at a loss as to
where I've gone wrong at this point.