[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor forwarder setting

Imre Gergely gimre at narancs.net
Tue Mar 31 09:06:39 UTC 2009

Hi

Iwas wondering if one could set up a pdns-recursor to forward ALL
queries to another recursor? I tried with:

forward-zones= .=1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is another pdns-recursor, but it doesn't work. It seems
the first recursor doesn't send the queries with recurse bit set (which
is kinda normal I guess), and because of this the second recursor
doesn't look up the records in question, it only gives back whatever it
has in it's cache.

Can pdns-recursor be set to forward queries with recursive bit set ?

Thanks.

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre