[Pdns-users] PDNS performance comparison to BIND

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jun 23 05:41:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Jan Rudinsky<rudinsj at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have tested PDNS performance (configuration below). A zone transfer of 100
> 000 records takes ~ 10 s using either MySQL or file backends.
> However Bind can make it in ~ 1 s (file-stored records).

Hi Jan,

We've never really optimised the zone transfer performance of PowerDNS
because it has not really been an important use case so far.

Are you measuring an incoming zonetransfer? Our outgoing?

It may very well be than an outgoing one is pretty slow.

Is it important to you? We could change PowerDNS if needed.

    Bert