[Pdns-users] OT: "Registering" a name server
jklists at ifm-services.com
Wed Jan 28 16:21:44 UTC 2009
First of all, many kudos for PDNS. A name server that doesn't require you to be an Einstein to run!
Second of all, I apologize because this is only remotely related to PDNS, but because I'm not a DNS expert I'm pulling my hair out. I've been searching for almost three hours for an answer.
I'm looking for the right place to look for an answer.
1) I have a domain (inn0vate.com) for internal R&D, registered through a regional ISP some years ago.
2) The regional ISP handles DNS for this domain.
3) I created two test name servers with PDNS (ns1.inn0vate.com, ns2.inn0vate.com).
4) The regional ISP created DNS entries for the two name servers.
4a) I can use dig to use the name servers, e.g.
$ dig @ns1.inn0vate.com test.com
5) I registered a scratch domain at GoDaddy.
6) I put my name servers in GoDaddy.
7) It complains that my name servers are not "registered".
See screen snapshot at http://www.ifm-services.com/tmp/godaddy-ns.jpg
8) After almost three hours of searching I cannot figure this out.
Again, I apologize for such an off-topic n00b question.
More information about the Pdns-users