[Pdns-users] PowerDNS + LDAP + Tree mode -- further documentation available?

Kumba kumba at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 17 00:39:32 UTC 2009

Kumba wrote:

> Been teaching myself about LDAP, PowerDNS and such since I got this odd
> bug to try and setup a home DNS server.  I wanted to use LDAP because at
> my work, I use Novell's eDirectory-backed DNS stuff, and found it pretty
> nifty.  I Figured this is a pretty good setup to mirror that using
> available open source software, plus it'll teach me a few new technologies.

Ah ha!  It took some more debugging, but I pinned it down to having slapd access
rights too strict.  So now I got forward and reverse queries both working.

Time to see what else I can do with this now...

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS
kumba at gentoo.org

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic