[Pdns-users] Anyone working on a PHP API?

Maysara A. Abdulhaq maysara.abdulhaq at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:29:52 UTC 2009

I think David is talking about something more like an API specifically for
PDNS, maybe something like a pdns-manager class that one can use to do
things like add domain, add record, list records ...etc without
touching/seeing/understanding the database beneath. i belive this is a good
idea that would make developping applications that work with PDNS faster to
develop, and can replace the way PDNS-Admin (for example!) currently
manipulates the PDNS database.

I have limited programming skills, but i'd love to contribute to something
like that .

Regards,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Kenneth Kalmer <kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM, David Ordal <david at ordal.com> wrote:
>
>> We're working on an app that needs to read and write directly to our
>> PowerDNS MySQL database. I know its not that hard to write directly to the
>> DB, but I thought I'd put out a call to see if anyone is working on a PHP
>> API to manage info in the DB.
>

> Are you looking for an ADODB-like library, or a RESTful interface to a
> PowerDNS installation?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I develop the PowerDNS on Rails (
> http://kennethkalmer.github.com/powerdns-on-rails) project and I've
> already included a lot of undocumented REST API features that we use from
> other clients. I'd be happy to explore the option of extending the API
> further.
>
> Best
>

> --
> Kenneth Kalmer