[Pdns-users] Adding a caching nameserver to an existing secondary DNS server

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.com
Thu Feb 5 21:36:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

We have a machine that runs PowerDNS as a slave for a couple of
supermasters. The same machine also functions as a backup MX. I'd like
to add a caching nameserver to this machine to decrease the time
needed for DNS lookups, just for use by localhost. How would I set
this up? Do I install the PowerDNS recursor? Do I need any special
configuration because the PowerDNS setup we're already running?

Thanks,

Nils Breunese.