[Pdns-users] [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable to execute query - MySQL server has gone away

Ralf van der Enden tremere at cainites.net
Mon Aug 17 10:59:18 UTC 2009

Dean,

If you're running MySQL on the same machine as PowerDNS you might wanna try
connecting through a unix socket instead of localhost. It has solved the
exact same issue for me, but with the PgSql database.

This is how I connect to PgSql using a unix socket:
opendbx-host-read=/tmp
opendbx-host-write=/tmp

It should be similar for MySQL.

Cheers,