[Pdns-users] Project back-end admin for powerdns

Julian Pawlowski lists at propenguin.net
Wed Apr 22 15:12:27 UTC 2009

Hi Sean,

2009/4/21 Sean Boran <sean at boran.com>:
> a) there is no automated startup file for ubuntu? For now I just copied
> /etc/init.d/skeleton and adapted to /etc/init.d/powerdns-on-rails. Seems to
> work fine.

If you also have a running webserver on the machine I suggest not to
use the daemon but to run the application via fcgi or mod_passenger
directly through Apache/lighthttpd.

> Now I'd like to:
> - Migrate a live pdns DB to adapt its structure so that it has the
> fields/tables needed by powerdns-on-rails.

> I thought it might be just something like
>     rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"
> but that tries to create tables, not update them.

I'm currently also facing these thoughts and I just asked a ruby-guru
friend to give me some input here :-)
I will let you know as soon as there are any news to this.

Br
Julian