[Pdns-users] bind backend as superslave

Pawel Sawicki pjs at pjs.name
Wed Sep 3 14:46:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Samuel Vogel <samydelux at gmail.com> wrote:

> What does the named.conf file for "bind-supermaster-config" need to contain?

Nothing I suppose. I started with an empty file that pdns had write
access to, and pdns_server did put there the configuration for all the
superslave domains it was "provisioned" with.

> And I guess I can just point "bind-supermaster-destdir", to the directory
> where my named.conf is lying right?

Nope, this is where all the zones are going to be stored. Again - this
must be a directory writable by the pdns process.

> Do I need to set "bind-config" ?

Well, I do have that set but only because the same server has some
master domains too, that are kept in bind-like zone files.

> And since I want to set up exclusive superslaves I can probably savely set
> "bind-check-interval" to 0, right?

I haven't tried that - see above :)

One more thing - bind-supermasters should point to a file containing
list of supermaster servers and not the supermaster server lists
itself.

In case you have any problems feel free to ask :)

Cheers,
--
··· Paweł J. Sawicki
My blog: http://pjs.name/