[Pdns-users] Slaves aren't fetching zones fast enough.

Tyler Hall tyler at tylerhall.net
Sat Oct 18 02:27:39 UTC 2008

I have more information about this (finally), hopefully someone is out there
has this same problem.

When my zones update, my master (bind) server will send a NOTIFY to my pdns
server.   It receives it (I can see it in tcpdump) but according to
/var/log/messages, it doesn't fetch the new zone.

/var/log/messages is getting flooded with 'Domain is fresh' hundreds of
times as it's checking all the zones, and it does it quite often.      So
the question is, what takes priority?  I'd imagine a NOTIFY would take
priority over 'serial checks' to see if a domain needs to be updated, but it
doesn't.      Since it's always doing domain checks, it seems it completely
ignores the NOTIFY's.

I can give people access to the boxes if it would help in troubleshooting.
I'm pulling out my hair here.

Thanks.

-thall