[Pdns-users] Error While loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: Cannot open shared object

BORIN HY/WiCAM hborin at wicam.com.kh
Sun Nov 16 04:50:53 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I just download the latest release of power dns rpm and install it on my the Fedora core 9.

When I do the try to start power dns, I got the following error.

$/etc/init.d/pdns start
Starting PowerDNS authoritative nameserver: /usr/sbin/pdns_server: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please advice what should I do in order to fix this problem.

Thanks & regards,
Borin