[Pdns-users] this ubiquitous recursor again, problems ....

Eugene Pefti eugenep at w3media.net
Fri May 30 17:44:15 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I know that nothing happens all of a sudden but one of my nameservers
started playing up again with the recursor.

Errors in the log file are as follows:

May 30 10:34:58 ns1 pdns_recursor[3779]: Failed to update . records, RCODE=2

And subsequently pnds complained about not being able to answer any query:

May 30 10:35:16 ns1 pdns[3739]: Recursive query for remote 192.197.103.184
with internal id 0 was not answered by backend within timeout, reusing id

The funny thing is that I have two nameservers working in the native mode
with one MySQL database in backend and the second one is perfectly able to
do answer recursive queries for the authorized subnet.

Eugene