[Pdns-users] Warp3 Hosting violates the GPL

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Mar 24 14:51:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:30:14PM +0100, tehdecline at hotmail.com wrote:
> Although I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I hope
> that someone here can give some advice regarding the following.

It is indeed not the right place. The only people that can act on this are
the copyright holders of the software that appears to be relicensed
according to terms incompatible with the GPL.

I suggest we leave it to them.

> Now, for now i'll just take it that this is just someone who didnt
> understand the gpl license with no other malicious intent, but is there
> any way I could get them to force them to open their sources?

If you contributed to any of the projects that they appear to have
relicensed, you could summon them to stop redistributing the product that
your work is part of.

Otherwise you have no standing.

On a final note, pdns-users is not the place to discuss this, so please take
this discussion private.

Good luck!

	Bert