[Pdns-users] TinyDNS backend for PowerDNS

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Mar 15 13:52:21 UTC 2008

bert hubert wrote:

> Duane - I suggest you ponder it all a bit. We thought long and hard about
> how to separate the backend from the frontend, and this really is the only
> way to do it.

All problems have multiple solutions, if this works best for you and
most of your users that's great, however it doesn't help me any :)

> I'm unhappy it doesn't match your needs though, but perhaps you want
> something else. Basically you get a lot of ANY queries, instead of queries
> for the exact type requested. This turns out to be a large speedup, but it
> may hurt you.

We mostly get NAPTR requests, so yes, that was a bit of a problem for us.

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."