[Pdns-users] pdns_control notify to bind 9.4 slave: "failed while receiving responses: unexpected message id"

Mathew Hennessy pdns at unixslave.com
Wed Mar 5 20:40:21 UTC 2008

Hi,
     I'm receiving this error when I attempt to notify a bind slave of zone
changes to the master powerdns build.  Both boxes are Solaris 10 on SPARC,
and at least powerdns was compiled with gcc4.

     Here's a thread I found which indicates a similar problem but not a
resolution:
     http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2003-March/000145.html

     I don't intend to run bind as a slave, but we will probably have to
provide axfrs to offsite servers for stuff like PTR zones.

TIA!
- Matt