[Pdns-users] "host" command returning weird results. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Jul 9 16:50:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:45:44AM -0500, Nicholas Williams wrote:
> I setup PowerDNS with a MySQL 5 backend on Centos 5 this morning. I put
> in the "test.com" example records that come in the PowerDNS user guide.
> When I perform a "host" query, as suggested in the guide, I get this:

Quick answer - haven't had time to read your whole issue. Try reproducing
with 'dig':

$ dig www.test.com @127.0.0.1
and
$ dig +norecurs www.test.com @127.0.0.1

There are very many versions of 'host' around, and it is unsure what they
all do.

> However, when I perform a "dig", the results appear normal:

Ah. Well, try the +norecurs thing to see if it makes a difference.