[Pdns-users] spam

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Sat Jul 12 01:05:37 UTC 2008

It was obvious seconds after my first post to this list today.

I blocked 25+  unsolicited requests for DNS service from 3 different continents.
All are long blacklisted nuisance netblocks known for spam/malware traffic.
I saw traffic from Malaysia, Germany, Uruguay, Netherlands, Japan, etc. WHY?
I also blocked multiple attempts by bots to crawl my web in the same time frame.
I have not looked at my mail logs yet but surely my proxy will be busy too.

Your mailing list is intrinsically linked with marketers, AKA spammers.
I will not post to your mailing list again under these circumstances.
You are generating a spam problem and you need to monitor DNS traffic.

Marty B.

--
Electile Dysfunction : the inability to become aroused over any of the
choices for President put forth by either party in the 2008 election.