[Pdns-users] Recursor use ISP dns server

Joris Dobbelsteen joris at familiedobbelsteen.nl
Tue Aug 12 18:28:03 UTC 2008

Augie Schwer wrote, On 11-Aug-2008 18:31:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Joris Dobbelsteen
> <joris at familiedobbelsteen.nl> wrote:
>> I have the powerdns recursor and it works perfectly. Except I would like to
>> configure it to use my ISP DNS servers in addition to others.
>
> What Operating System are you using? On Linux this would be:
>
> /etc/reslov.conf
>
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> nameserver <IP address of your ISP's Name Servers>

Almost.

I want "PowerDNS recursor" to use the ISP name servers (in addition to
other servers, just in case) when recursing.
(That is what the "it" was supposed to reference to).

Should I use the forward-domains directive for that, as I did use this
for the "local" domain I use internally? Or should I override the
root-hints a bit?

On my previously used Windows 2003 DNS server I configured "forwarders"
for this purpose.

Thanks for your effort so far,

- Joris