[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor performance

Brad Dameron Brad.Dameron at clearwire.com
Tue Aug 5 08:56:46 UTC 2008

Thanks for the link. We also looked at NSD which is another good one. unbound appears to be threaded? That would offer the performance gains. Especially on the quad-core CPU's we use. However my current configuration launches multiple pdns instances in the forked mode each on a seperate IP using Foundry ServerIrons to load balance between IP's and machines. Seems to scale really well. I also saw another way of scaling based on a dnscache configuration where you have pdns instances point to other pdns instances as their root name servers. This caches asking caches which then ask the real root servers if none of them know. Appears to be a good scalable solution as well.

What is echo I see listed on there?

Brad