[Pdns-users] How to get PowerDNS to answer all requests with the same response...?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Sep 25 19:51:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:10:37PM -0500, Jordan Young wrote:
> First of all, to keep the trolls at bay, I am going to start by saying
> that I am _NOT_ trying to recreate another Verisign fiasco.

Well - I for one am not an Internet police officer. PowerDNS is technology,
not a political platform.

> I am sure people have gone through migrations that involved static IP
> customers (near 600 in this case) and have had those (in this case the
> majority of those) which did not make their changes.  I figured that the
> best way to accomplish this would be a basic DNS redirect.

There are third parties that sell 'PowerDNS NXDOMAIN Redirection', but I
can't recommend them as I am told they more or less violate our GPL license
terms by restricting the further development of their patched PowerDNS
Recursor.

We might add something in the future though, but it is a bit complicated to
do it exactly right.

	Bert