[Pdns-users] How to get PowerDNS to answer all requests with the same response...?

Jordan Young jyoung at buz.net
Tue Sep 25 19:10:37 UTC 2007

First of all, to keep the trolls at bay, I am going to start by saying
that I am _NOT_ trying to recreate another Verisign fiasco.

What I am trying to create though is an easy way to notify the customers
that are now part of our network that their old DNS server addresses are
incorrect.  I figured that this would be best accomplished by putting in
a DNS server which will respond to all A record requests with a single
entry.  It sounds easy, just as a wildcard record, but I didn't know if
somebody had a really easy way to do this that maybe wasn't even as
complicated.

I am sure people have gone through migrations that involved static IP
customers (near 600 in this case) and have had those (in this case the
majority of those) which did not make their changes.  I figured that the
best way to accomplish this would be a basic DNS redirect.

If anybody can share their idea that would be great.

--Jordan Young

Director of Network Operations

BuzNet Communications / DFWAir.Net

jyoung at buz.net