[Pdns-users] PowerDNS does not expire domains - propagates lame delegation.

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Sep 12 20:01:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 05:55:06AM +1000, Richard McLean wrote:
> At 12:51 PM -0700 12/9/07, Augie Schwer wrote:
> >Alternatively Bind seems to note the non-authoritative answer from its
> >master and add the domain into a some list (neg. cache, etc.) and not
> >answer authoritatively for it.
> >
> >Am I wrong in thinking this is a problem?
>
> No, I'd say it sounds like a problem too. Having this feature would be
> a great addition (and the more "correct" behaviour) for us.

Hehe - we had this discussion some time ago and then the conclusion was the
exact reverse, that people did not appreciate the DNS 'feature' of expiring
a domain in case of the master being unavailable.

For PowerDNS, implementing this requires actual work either in terms of
performing more SQL queries, or actually deleting a zone after a while.

Do people really care a lot?

	Bert