[Pdns-users] CNAME record to an external domain

Marko Kobal marko.kobal at arctur.si
Mon Sep 3 18:22:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'll be even more specific, as the problem is even more interesting.

We are talking about my dns server dns1.arctur.si (MASTER)

1) I have domain tehnodrvo.hr with external CNAME record:

tehnodrvo.hr 	CNAME 	tehnodrvo.dyndns.org

This IS resolvable, but on the SLAVE servers (also PDNS) I'm getting every 5 minutes this:

Error trying to retrieve/refresh 'tehnodrvo.hr': Query to '193.77.181.76' for SOA of 'tehnodrvo.hr' produced a CNAME record

???

2) The other one, wich I was talking about in the first post (see also below) is urad.si with external CNAME record:

urad.si 	CNAME 	urad.blogspot.com

This one IS NOT resolvable, it returns NXDOMAIN.

???

Any help would really be aprichiated!

--
Kind regards, Marko Kobal.