[Pdns-users] Reply source address selection

Jaco Engelbrecht bje at serendipity.org.za
Mon Oct 8 16:58:20 UTC 2007

Jaco Engelbrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there's any work underway, or if anyone has produced
> a patch, that will allow PowerDNS to use the interface that a DNS
> request came in on, as reply source address, instead of 1) letting the
> system use the lowest-numbered interface IP address, or 2) specifying
> the PowerDNS query-local-address configuration option.

Aha!  Problem solved.

Just had a reply from a user on the list (thanks Brendan!) with the solution:

"With two interfaces set in local-address and query-local-address
unset, I receive replies from the i/f to which I send the query."

That seems to work just fine :)

Cheers,
Jaco

bje at serendipity.org.za
the faculty of making fortunate discoveries